released by Land Title 11/04/10
Two Different Aspen Real Estate Market Reports and Statistics:
1) Land Title/Pitkin County: See 2010 September Pitkin County Recorded Real Estate Market Analysis (pdf Charts) by Land Title which includes real estate sale statistics for ALL Pitkin County recorded transactions including fractionals, mobile homes, deed restricted properties, etc. encompassing Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, Old Snowmass, and parts of Basalt, El Jebel and Carbondale, Colorado.
2) The Estin Report/Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek & Old Snowmass: See The Estin Report: 3rd Quarter 2010 Aspen Snowmass Residential Real Estate (by Tim Estin) for the upper Roaring Fork Valley which exclusively includes single family, townhome, duplex and condo sales over $250,000 in Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek. It does not include fractionals. (released Nov. 11, 2010)
• $99,756,099 – total dollar volume for the month, a decrease of 22% from September 2009
• 62 – total transactions for the month, a decrease of 16% from September 2009
• September’s 62 transactions represent the strongest transaction month since April, and is the third strongest of the year!
• Year to date dollars total $822,198,490, an increase of nearly 5% from the same time period 2009
• Year to date transactions total 500, an increase of 1.6% from same time period 2009
• There were 33 transactions in Aspen totaling $74 million, 19 transactions were interval units totaling $9.4 million, Snowmass Village reported 7 transactions $14.9 million, Woody Creek reported 2 transactions totaling $502,210, and Basalt rounded out the county with 1 transaction totaling $782,697
o Aspen, Snowmass, Basalt, and interval units all reflected increases in both dollar volume and transactions over August!
• There was one sale in the month of September that listed a bank as the grantor totaling $3.2 million.
o This sale (which was in Aspen) represented 1.6% of the transactions and 3.2% of the dollar volume
• The average single family home sold price thus far in 2010 totals $4,285,673, a decrease of 13% from full year 2009
• The median single family home sold price thus far in 2010 totals $3,525,000, an increase of 12% over full year 2009
o See page 3 of the PDF for more details by area of the county and property type
• Fractional dollar volume for the month of September totaled $9,437,596 – an increase of 183% over September 2009
• Fractional units totaled 19, an increase of 6% over September 2009
• Of the 19 fractional transactions, 5 were at Residences at Little Nell, 3 – Residences at Snowmass Club, 3- Ritz Carlton Highlands, 3 – Hyatt Grand Aspen, 2 – Roaring Fork Club Suites, 1 – Innsbruck, 1- St. Regis, and 1- Prospector
• Year to date fractional dollar volume totals $72,138,430, a decrease of 55% from same time period 2009
• Year to date fractional activity totals 134, a decrease of 38% from same time period 2009