Denver investment banker Parker Lofgren, 39, his wife, Caroline, 42, and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were found dead by friends in the home’s master bedroom the day after Thanksgiving 2008. The Lofgrens had won a stay at the house as part of a fundraiser at Denver’s St. Anne’s Episcopal School. The house was owned by Jonathan and Carla Thomas, whose children also went to St. Anne’s.The home’s master bedroom was above a utility closet that housed the leaking boiler. The children, who had apparently awakened in the middle of the night, were found on the floor of the bedroom. Both parents were in bed, with Owen near his father and Sophie near her mother.

ASPEN REAL ESTATE – A contractor and a building inspector have been indicted on homicide charges in connection with shoddy ventilation work that led to the 2008 carbon-monoxide poisoning of a Denver family at an Aspen-area vacation home.Marlin Brown, owner of Roaring Fork Plumbing & Heating, and now- retired City of Aspen building inspector Erik Peltonen were each indicted on four felony charges of criminally negligent homicide. The two, as well as Brian Pawl, a Pitkin County building inspector, also face misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment. The indictments were announced Sunday.The charges follow a Pitkin County grand jury investigation into the deaths of the four-member Lofgren family, who had won a Thanksgiving 2008 stay at the house.
By Jason Blevins, July 26 2010 Denver Post

Link to article