Home sellers learned a painful lesson in June: if you want to sell right now, lower the price…but when does it make sense to lower the price? Trulia’s Tara Nelson offers the following five tips:
* Multiple listing agents have recommended listing the home at a lower price.
* Feedback from the buyers’ agents suggests the home is overpriced.
* The home isn’t getting any showings, even though it’s marketed well.
* The home has sat on the market far longer than other homes in the area.
* There’s been multiple offers, but they’ve all been significantly under the list price.
By Nick Timiroas, July 15, 2010 WSJ