Released 03/12/13 by Land Title Guarantee for all real estate transactions recorded in Pitkin County during January 2013. Published in following path: The Estin Report/Aspen Real Estate News and Market Stats Archives/2013 Market Statistics folder on 03/13/13.
For more timely market statistics, see Currents Reports section: The Estin Report: January 2013 and February 2013 Aspen Snowmass Market Snapshot (released 5 – 7 weeks prior to Land Title release dates). These Snapshots are published on the 1st Monday of the month on the Estin Report blog reporting on the upper Roaring Fork Valley real estate sales – Aspen, Snowmass Village, Brush Cr.Village, Woody Creek and Old Snowmass property transactions sold over $250,000. Fractionals are not included.
January 2013 Summary
Pitkin County Market Analysis
(See accompanying charts pdf)
• $79,873,838 – total dollars for January, a decrease of 17% from January 2012
• 59 – total transactions for January, an increase of 7% from January 2012
• For the month, Aspen posted 24 transactions ($59.8 million), Interval units 23 ($4.3 million), Snowmass Village 11 ($15.6 million), and Redstone 1 ($183,750).
• There were 9 bank sales recorded in the county for January (see page 9 for more details)
• The average single family home sold price for the month was $3,741,038, a decrease of 11% from full year 2012
• The median single family home sold price for the month was $2,400,000, a decrease of 14% from full year 2012
• Interval dollar volume for January was up 62% from January 2012, with a total of $4.3 million
• Interval transaction volume for January was up 92% from January 2012, with a total of 23
• Interval transaction breakdown for January: 14 – Hyatt Grand Aspen, 2 – Ritz Carlton Club, 2 – Shadow Mountain Lodge, 2 – Residences at Snowmass Club, 1 – St. Regis, 1 – Residences at Little Nell, and 1 – Roaring Fork Club PUD
Photo: courtesy of Laura Maggos Properties
Most expensive Jan. 2013 Aspen home sale: Red Mountain location overlooking town of Asoen with huge four ski area views: 768 Hunter Creek Rd. Closed: $15M/$1,781 sq ft; Ask Price: $17.5M Original Price: $21.5M; Built 2010, 5 Bdrms/6.5 Ba, 8,422 sq ft, .77 acres, 2011 Taxes: $28,026 Yr.