Released 11/17/13 by Land Title Guarantee for all real estate transactions recorded in Pitkin County during September 2013. Published on this site in following path: The Estin Report/Aspen Real Estate News and Market Stats Archives/2013 Market Statistics on 11/18/13.
For more timely market statistics, see The Estin Report: The Estin Report: Monthly Market Aspen Real Estate Snapshots in the Currents Reports section (generally released 4-6 weeks prior to Land Title release dates). The Snapshots are published on or abvout the 1st Monday of the month in the Current Reports section reporting on the upper Roaring Fork Valley real estate sales – Aspen, Snowmass Village, Brush Cr.Village, Woody Creek and Old Snowmass property transactions sold over $250,000. Fractionals are not included.
September 2013 Pitkin County Market Analysis.
(Link to Charts)
• $237,616,521 – total dollars for September, an increase of 2% from September 2012
• 409 – total transactions for September, an increase of 438% from 2012
• Intervals were again up this month with a flurry of Innsbruck transactions (300), this number is included in total transactions.
• If interval transactions were removed from this month’s transaction total, the transaction increase from last September would’ve been 12%
• September was the strongest dollar & transaction month of the year (even without the interval transactions)
• There were a couple notable sales that contributed to the dollars for the month: Wildcat Ranch $44 million and Aspen Valley Ranch – $27 million
• Year to date, dollars total $987,721,443 a decrease of 2% from same period 2012
• Year to date, transactions total 1,321, an increase of 156% from same period 2012
• For the month, Intervals led the way with a total of 324 transactions ($21 million), Aspen posted 48 transactions ($122 million), Snowmass Village 20 ($59.9 million), Woody Creek 5 ($31.5 million), Carbondale 4 ($1.4 million), Redstone 3 ($1.1 million), and Old Snowmass 2 ($642,000). The remaining 3 transactions were quit claim deeds with doc fees totaling $1,500.
• There were 5 bank sales recorded in the county for September totaling $4.8 million. This accounted for 1% of the transactions and 2% of the dollars (see page 9 for more details)
• Year to date, there have been 70 bank sales recorded in the county, totaling $46 million. This accounts for 5% of the transactions and 4.7% of the dollars.
• The average single family home sold price thru September is $3,669,187, a decrease of 13% from full year 2012
• The median single family home sold price thru September is $2,350,000, a decrease of 16% from full year 2012
• Interval dollar volume for September was up 42% from September 2012, with a total of $21 million
• Interval transaction volume for September was up 1,443% from September 2012, with a total of 324
• Interval transaction breakdown for September: Innsbruck – 300, Hyatt Grand Aspen – 6, St Regis – 4, Residences at Little Nell – 4, Dancing Bear – 3, Residences at Snowmass Club – 2, Timbers Club – 2, Roaring Fork Club Suites -1, Ritz Carlton – 1, and Sanctuary – 1
• Through September, interval dollar volume totals $58,873,748, an increase of 29% from same period 2012
• Through September, interval transaction volume totaled 818, an increase of 672% from same period 2012
• Buyer profile through September: 78% were out of state (domestic), 18% were Local, 3% were International, and 1% Front Range
• Loan info for September – all property types: 33% cash sales and 67% were financed. Excluding intervals, 51% were cash and 49% were financed