Please see attached pdf for the June 2009 Pitkin County market data, courtesy of Land Title Guarantee Company. (includes Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek, Old Snowmass, and parts of Basalt, El Jebel and Carbondale).
For Aspen, Woody Creek and Snowmass Village data only, see The Estin Report: State of the Aspen Snowmass Market 2Q09 and 1st Half 2009.
• Transactions totaled 47 for the month, up 2 (4%) from May’s total of 45
• Dollars totaled $63,784,489, down 1% from May’s total
• For the year, there have been 331 total transactions, down 27% from the same time period last year
• For the year, dollars total $471,471,149, down 34% from the same time period last year
• Pitkin County continues to show the lowest decrease year over year out of Land Titles 5 county reporting area (Eagle, Garfield, Summit, Routt, & Pitkin)
• Aspen reported 20 transactions (43%), Interval units totaled 15 (32%), Snowmass Village totaled 6 (13%), Woody Creek and Old Snowmass each posted 2 (4%), and Basalt and Carbondale each reported 1 (2%)
• Fractional sales totaled $6,220,500 for June and transactions totaled 15
o Hyatt Grand Aspen led with 7, Little Nell – 4, Ritz/Aspen Highlands – 3, St. Regis – 1
• For the year, fractional dollars total $139,472,388, up 396% from last year, same time period
• Year to date fractional transactions are 163, up 23% from last year, same time period
• The average single family home sold price is down 13% overall to $4,460,140 (as compared to full year 2008)
o Aspen is reporting a decrease of 13%
o Snowmass is reporting down 21%
o Woody Creek, down 73%
o Old Snowmass, down 67%
o Basalt, down 58%
o Carbondale, down 38%
• The median single family home sold price is up 2% to $4,175,000 (as compared to full year 2008)
o Aspen is down 18% to $4,771,000
o Snowmass is up 14% to $4,675,000
? Please note that there are areas within Pitkin County where there is not enough activity to establish a true median – this is specified on page 3 of the PDF
** It is important to note that average and median prices compare full year 2008 sold data to year to date 2009 sold data.