The info in this weekly blog, with the exception of the opinions, is generally available to the public from a number of sources but disseminated here at a single location. It’s my intention to report the significant week’s activity but not everything…quality and accuracy over quantity. For more info on the listings below and others – and for market information specific to your Aspen real estate needs – please email or call me directly.The data and photo links below will expire in 2-3 weeks.
Last week, President’s Week, is historically a very crowded time in Aspen. While I don’t know the skier count, town felt quieter than in past although the restaurants were crowded. There were some buyers looking at properties, but overall real estate activity was slow. Buyers have little sense of urgency and the general mood of uncertainty and restraint is pervasive. However, in spite of the national gloom, the weather was beautiful, the snow plentiful AND there were 4 closings last week, and a beautiful $9.2M slope side home at Aspen Highlands went under contract.
(4) Closings – MLS #’s 108492,99755,99384,109572
- MLS # 108492: 980 E. Hyman – Aspen Core condo, Aspen East Townhomes, Ask Price: $1.895M; Sold Price: $1.6M ($1,470 sq ft), 2Bdrm/2Ba, 1088 sq ft, two level condo with two outdoor parking spaces, 3 blocks from center of downtown Aspen. Superb location.On market 81 days
- MLS # 99384:149 Larkspur,new single family home at the top of Meadowood Subdivision with expansive north and western sunset views in Meadowood Subdivision known for its open space, the large 1-acre plus lots, proximity to the Aspen Schools and Aspen Highlands ski area and only 2-3 miles to downtown Aspen. Ask Price: $5.75M (Original price: $8.495M); Sold Price: $4.95M ($692.sq ft), 5 Bdrms/6 Ba, 7,146 sq ft, built 2008. Another highly motivated situation.
- MLS # 109572:136 W. Lupine – brand new duplex (still under construction) in Mountain Valley Subdivision. Ask Price: $5.95M; Sold Price $5.75M ($1,306 sqft), 5Bdrm/5Ba, 4,400 sq ft, sold before on market in the MLS.
- MLS # 99755: 561 Meadowood, new single family home in one of Aspen’s more established subdivisions, Meadowood, known for its open space, the large 1-acre plus lots, proximity to the Aspen Schools and Aspen Highlands ski area. Ask Price:$6.95M (original price $10.5M); Sold Price $6.5M ($691 sq ft), 386 + plus days on market, 9,400 sq ft, 6Bdrm/6Ba, built 2007, brand new, highly motivated situation.
(2) Pending – MLS #’s 107207, 107875
- MLS # 107207: Independence Sq. #310, downtown central Aspen studio condo. Ask Price: $399,000. This is a small 300 sq ft condo remodeled in 2008 top floor unit with views up Independence Pass, but without a kitchen in the heart of downtown Aspen.
- MLS # 107875: 75 Steeplechase at Aspen Highlands – ski-in/ski-out single family home directly on the slope. Ask Price: $9.2M (Original ask $12M in Nov 2008). 5 Bdrm/5 Ba, 8,723 sq ft, beautiful home built in 2004.
(3) Significant Price Changes – MLS #’s 106773,108891,105208
- MLS # 108991: 117 N. Monarch Unit #1 – Aspen core beautifully 2007 remodeled condo, across street from Carls Pharmacy. New Price $2.495M ($1,313 sq ft) reduced 17% from $2.995M. 3 Bdrm/3 Ba, 1,900 sq ft. This is a gorgeous remodel with a very nice outdoor lawn space for garden and outdoor lounging in heart of Aspen.
- MLS # 106773:605 Horse Ranch – single family home built 1998/2008 remodel in one of Snowmass’ newest subdivisions, Horse Ranch. Ask Price:$ 2.995M ($922 sq ft), reduced 13% from original price of $3.45M. 4 Bdrm/4Ba, 3,248 sq ft, 197 + days on market. Noteworthy as first property in Horse Ranch priced under $3M.
- MLS # 105208: 1200 Tiehack in Maroon Creek Subdivision. Brand new 2007 contemporary home. Ask Price $8.95M ($1,044 sqft); Original Price $11.95M, 6Bdrm/6Ba, 3-car garage, 8,576 sq ft. on market more than 276 days. This is a beautiful new home in Aspen’s newest subdivision adjacent to the 18 hole Maroon Creek Golf Course and Buttermilk/Tiehack ski lift.