The info in this weekly blog, with the exception of my opinions, is generally available to the public from a number of sources but disseminated here at a single location. It’s my intention to report the significant week’s activity but not everything. Quality and accuracy over quantity and hype. For specific buying and selling decisions, and/or market information relevant to your needs, please email or call me directly.
The Aspen/Glenwood Springs MLS system changed last week to a system called “flexmls”, and most brokers, including myself, are fumbling through the new system trying to figure it out. It looks robust and full of great features, but it will take time to learn all its tricks and many client benefits. The links below for this week’s market activity work, but they may take a few minutes to open for some reason, and I’m trying to solve the problem.The links expire in 2-3 weeks.
There was a marked increase in activity last week with (3) closings and (4) properties put under contract. Already this past weekend, the start of President’s Week, there is a considerable uptick in buyer interest and showings. The summary of last week’s activity is below with links to more info, maps and photos.
- MLS # 104521: 322 Park Ave – duplex (Smuggler Area in transition with beautiful new contemporary homes lining Park Ave). Ask Price: $1.295M; Sold Price: $1.13M, 2B/2Ba, 840 sq ft with a “bonus” basement of 375 sq ft.
- MLS # 99130: 0129 Primrose Path – single family home (Meadowood Subdivision) Ask Price: $5.95M; Sold Price:$4.5M. This property sat on the market for 618 Days. 5,600 sq.ft., 4B/4.5Ba, Built 1999, bordering Meadowood Open Space.
- MLS # 98726: 75 Thunderbowl Ln – townhome (Aspen Highlands) Ask Price $5.35M; Sold $4.125M. 636 days on market, 5,753 sqft, 4B/5Ba, $717 sq ft.)
(5) Under Contracts/Pending – as these have not closed, the contract price is not public.
- MLS # 108874: 229 W. Hallam – single family Victorian (West End). Ask Price: $4.975M. ($1,551 sq ft), 4B/4Ba, 3,207 sq ft. Charming West End Victorian home.
MLS # 99384: 149 Larkspur – new 2008 single family home (Meadowood Subdivision). Ask Price $5.75M ($804 sq ft), 7,100+sq ft, 5B/6Ba., On market 2+ yrs, well-known, motivated distressed developer sale. I believe price started at $8.495M.
MLS # 105140: 800 S Monarch #4 – one of Aspen Mtn’s very few genuine ski-in/ski-out condos.(Silver Queen Condos). Ask Price: $4.269M. ($2,411 sq ft) Beautiful drop dead contemporary 1974 built/2007 remodel, 3B/3ba, 1700 sq ft.
MLS # 108372: 100 N Spring – townhome (River Park Townhomes in downtown Aspen core). Ask Price: $7.995M ($1,551 sq ft), 3B/3Ba/2 HBa, 5142 sq ft, on market only 80+ days. Strikingly beautiful, superb rooftop deck with Aspen Mtn views and remodeled in 2008.
MLS # 107204: 291 McSkimming Rd, Mountain Valley, East Aspen. Ask Price $8.9M ($1,538 sq ft). 5 Bdrm/5 Ba, 2 HBa, 5,280 sqft. absolutely beautiful stunning 2-level contemporary built 2007
Price Changes: Thunderbowl Townhomes/Aspen Highlands: – most likely result of last week’s closing pf 75 Thunderbowl (see above).
– MLS #108454 from $5.95M to $4.59M (-23%)
– MLS#108459 from $6.575M to $4.95M (-25%)