1Q2009 (Jan 1 – Mar 31, 2009) Versus 1Q2008 (Jan 1 – Mar 31, 2008)
(See accompanying chart)
Aspen and Woody Creek Single Family Homes Sales:
– (9) sf homes sold 1Q09 in Aspen & WC versus (19) in 1Q08, -53% in units closed, -55% in dollar volume.
– The average single family home price decreased -9% and the median price fell -17%.
– The median sold price as % of ask price decreased to 76% of ask in 1Q09 versus 95% in 1Q08.
– (8) Aspen condos sold in 1Q09 versus (13) in 1Q08, a -38% change in units sold.
– The median condo price is off -9%.
– The median sold price as a % of ask price was 88% in 1Q09 versus 96% in 1Q08.
Aspen Townhomes & Duplexes
– There were (6) closings in 1Q09 versus (7) in 1Q08.
– The median sold price as % of ask was 84% in 1Q09 versus 93% in 1Q08.
– The average price of an Aspen Townhome/Duplex fell -24% in 1Q09 from 1Q08.
– The median price fell -31% from 1Q08.
Snowmass Single Family Homes
– There were zero (0) home sales in Snowmass in 1Q09 versus (2) sales in 1Q08. As of early April, there are (2) Snowmass sf homes under contract. To view these properties, click link.
– There were (7) sales in 1Q09 versus (13) sales in 1Q08, -54% in total units sold and -54% in total condo dollar volume.
– The median sold price as % of ask price was 83% of ask in 1Q09 versus 97% in 1Q08.
(Source Data: Aspen/Glenwood MLS)
The Estin Report is copyrighted 2009 and all rights reserved. Use is permitted subject to the following attribution:
“The Estin Report: State of the Aspen Market, By Tim Estin, mba, gri, www.EstinAspen.com “