For comments on the market at present, please see my July 11 – 18, 2010 blog post which remains relevant if not even more so today
(Click on link above or image below to view full size chart and summary.)
Summary of Chart:
- Most single family home sales in Aspen occurred above $4M in Q210, suggesting a stronger luxury single family home market than may have been thought. The number of sales of single family homes remained relatively strong through $15M, dropping off at $15M and above.
- Notably, in Q209, 41% of all single family and condo sales in Aspen and Snowmass Village in dollar volume occurred above $4M, while in Q210, 81% occurred above $4M.
- In Q209, 17% of Aspen single family home sales in dollar volume occurred above 10M. In Q210, 40% of Aspen single family home sales in dollar volume occurred above $10M.
- In Q209, sales above $10M represented 8% of total single family home transactions in Aspen. In Q210, sales above $10M represented 19% of total single family home transactions in Aspen.
- In Q210, all Aspen homes below $10M sold at a lower price per square foot than Q209, excepting the $6M-8M range which increased only 2%. In conclusion, Aspen homes saw more unit sales in Q210, but at a lower price per square foot.
Last Week’s Aspen and Snowmass Market Activity: Last week’s real estate sales activity appears below for the upper Roaring Fork Valley for all property types over $250,000 excluding fractionals in Aspen, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek and Old Snowmass (although Residences at Little Nell and Dancing Bear are included due to their higher fractional price points). Because the MLS link(s) to photos and property details expire after 30 days, photos and descriptions of the closed properties are posted to preserve an archive of sold market activity.
For a spreadsheet summary of the past week’s activity, see The Estin Report: Aspen Snowmass Weekly Sales Statistics August 16 – August 22, 2010.
Sold (Closed) Summary (4):
(2) Aspen Condos
(1) Aspen single family home
(1) Snowmass Village Condo
Closed (4): 117166, 111356, 112512, 109084. This link is valid 30 days until 9/21/10.
MLS # 117166- 42791 Highway 82, Aspen, CO: Sold Price: $2,100,000./$803 sq ft; Ask Price: $2,500,000: Original Price: $2,995,000 and 410 days on the market. This is a 4 bdrm/ 3 bath, 2,615 sq ft single family home. Listing broker comments, “This charming 4 bedroom and 3 bath home, minutes from town, overlooks Stillwater Wildlife Preserve. Large decks are surrounded by extensive mature landscaping. An additional 900 square feet may be added to the existing house.” 2009 Taxes: $5,298.; HOA Dues: $200 per year (Photos and description courtesy of Joshua & CO of Aspen, Inc.)
MLS # 111356- 35 Lowerbridge Road Unit 196, Seasons 4, Building Z Snowmass Village, CO: Sold Price: $590,000./$469 sq ft; Ask Price: $630,000: Original Price: $765,000 and 443 days on the market. This is a 3 bdrm/ 2 bath, 1,256 sq ft condo. Listing broker comments, “This great 3br/2ba which includes a large LOFT could be an office, exercise, playroom or the 3rd bedroom, is priced to sell. This top 2 floor corner, newly remodeled unit features high ceilings with skylights in living room, wood floors, granite counter tops, fireplace, new stainless appliances, new cabinetry, remodeled bathrooms, new carpet and new washer/dryer. Easy to show” 2007 Taxes: $1,791.; HOA Dues: $1,719 per quarter (Photos and description courtesy of Weaver & Briscoe)
MLS # 112512- 814 W Bleeker Place B-2, Aspen Villas Condo/Townhome, Aspen, CO: Sold Price: $700,000./$498. sq ft; Ask Price: $825,000: Original Price: $980,000. This is a 3 bdrm/ 2 bath, 1,405 sq ft condo.Listing broker comments “Excellent Value in the Aspen Villas townhome complex. Very quiet location with stream off the dining room and master bedroom and a cozy outdoor sitting area overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. This three-story townhome allows for lots privacy for any family or rental situation. A must see opportunity in Aspen.” 2010 Taxes: $2,217.; HOA Dues: $1400 per quarter (Photos and description courtesy of Lightfoot Real Estate)
MLS # 109084- 747 S Galena St. #210, Fasching Haus Condominiums , Aspen, CO: Sold Price: $1,250,000./$1,140 sq ft; Ask Price: $1,490,000: Original Price: $1,795,000 and 581 days on the market. This is one of the best condo deals recently in the Aspen Core – brand new , beautiful remodel, at Aspen Mtn base. Great rental income potential as a total new 3 bdrm remodel close to front desk, pool and parking. Great ski property and superconvenient. One perceived negative – no mountain views, on the ground floor….This is a 3 bdrm/ 3 bath, 1,096 sq ft condo. Listing broker comments, “Mountain Interiors Remodel! Need we say more? Spectacular 3 bed/3 bath all on one level.” 2009 Taxes: $3,961.; HOA Dues: $3898 per quarter (Photos and description courtesy of BJ Adams and Company-Aspen)
Pending (4): 117542, 109043, 116989, 114351. This link is valid 30 days until 9/21/10. Photos of under contract listings are not posted unless special circumstances dictate.